Trinity Lutheran church is located in one
of the great old neighborhoods of Bloomington known as the South
Hill, originally settled by German immigrants in the 1800's.
Since Trinity originally came from a German background,
it was a natural fit for Trinity to minister in this neighborhood
when the congregation began in 1858, reaching out to those German
families. For many, many, years, God's people walked to church,
making it a truly neighborhood church. In fact, Trinity's Sanctuary
has been located within one block of its current site for the bulk
of the 150 years of her existence.
As the years have gone by, the composition of the congregation
has changed. Trinity's people represent many races and backgrounds, and
all are welcome.
MISSION AND VISION STATEMENTS
The Mission of Trinity Lutheran Church, as adopted
by the voters of the congregation, defines in one sentence what the mission
of Trinity should be:
The mission of Trinity Lutheran Church is to share
the forgiveness and love of the resurrected Christ and to make disciples
by the power of the Holy Spirit through prayer, teaching, worship, care
and concern, and fellowship.
The Vision of Trinity Lutheran Church is designed to
expand a bit on the Mission statement. It reads:
"At all ages, and in all places, we reflect Jesus'
love and sacrifice through
Passion and Hunger for the Word
Care for our neighbors
Loving Fellowship with one another
Because of God's undeserved love in our hearts we
Welcome all people
Encourage them in their own spiritual journey, and
Equip them to minister to their families and others
We dedicate our lives and joyfully share our resources
to expand God's kingdom here and throughout the world so that one day
we may all be united in heaven to live eternally with our Lord and Savior