Trinity Lutheran Church started
a school the same year the church was organized in 1858. The school was located
at Lincoln and Main. Classes were held at two locations in 1883 one in the
southern part of Bloomington (Lincoln and Main) and the other in the western part
of the city on West Chestnut. In 1892 a school building was erected at 701 S.
That building was renovated in 1921, then
was razed and a new school and parish hall was built and dedicated on March 2,
1941. Classrooms were added when the church building was built at that same location.
The final construction on that site was completed in 1979. Modular buildings for
classrooms were added in 1987. On January 21, 2003, Trinity Lutheran School moved
into a new facility at 1102 W. Hamilton Road, Bloomington and serves children
from three years of age through eighth grade at this present location.
church remains at 801 S. Madison Street in Bloomington.