Trinity Lutheran School
Our mission is to share the love of Christ with one another, the family, the community, and the world through a quality, Christ-centered educational program for ages 2 through 8th grade.
Trinity Lutheran School
1102 W. Hamilton Rd.
Bloomington, IL 61704
Phone: (309) 829-7513
Core Values & Educational Structure
- Classes for Preschool (age 2) through 8th grade.
- Dedicated, certified Christian teachers
- Discipline rooted in Christian love and forgiveness
- Music, including choirs and band
- Interscholastic sports program
- Variety of extra-curricular activities
- Low-cost hot lunch program
- Before-school care and after-school care programs.
- An excellent curriculum with an emphasis on basic literacy and computation skills.
For more information please call Cindy Guetschow, Administrative Assistant, or Shawn Hoffmann, School Principal, at (309) 829-7513
Upcoming Events @ TLS
- School Play : Friday, April 25 7:00 PM Trinity Lutheran School Junior High will present "Haphazardly Ever After” in the MPR. Please join us for an evening of fun and laughter. Free will admission and concessions go toward the TLS Drama Fund.
- School Auction : The 2014 Celebrate Children Auction is Friday, May 2 at the DoubleTree Hotel & Conference Center. We need YOU to make the 22nd Annual Auction a success! A Signup Genius link has been established for parents and friends of Trinity to sign up to help with donations and other areas of need.
Auction ideas and wish list >
- Parents and Twos is back . . . with just a little different look. With the growth of our early childhood program this year we lost both our room space and our teachers for our Parents and Twos program. For this reason Parents and Twos will now be offered outside of the school day. Learn more >
- Monday, April 28 : Spring Vocal Concert - 6:30pm
- Additional school events can be found on the Google school calendar >
History of Trinity Lutheran School
Trinity Lutheran Church started a school the same year the church was organized in 1858. The school was located at Lincoln and Main. Classes were held at two locations in 1883– one in the southern part of Bloomington (Lincoln and Main) and the other in the western part of the city on West Chestnut. In 1892 a school building was erected at 701 S. Madison Street.
That building was renovated in 1921, then was razed and a new school and parish hall was built and dedicated on March 2, 1941. Classrooms were added when the church building was built at that same location. The final construction on that site was completed in 1979. Modular buildings for classrooms were added in 1987. On January 21, 2003, Trinity Lutheran School moved into a new facility at 1102 W. Hamilton Road, Bloomington and serves children from three years of age through eighth grade at this present location. The church remains at 801 S. Madison Street in Bloomington.