Trinity Lutheran School
Our mission is to share the love of Christ with one another, the family, the community, and the world through a quality, Christ-centered educational program for ages 2 through 8th grade.
Trinity will be hosting a series of Open Houses for 4 days during the week of March 10. Read more >
Trinity Lutheran School
1102 W. Hamilton Rd.
Bloomington, IL 61704
Phone: (309) 829-7513
Core Values & Educational Structure
- Classes for Preschool (age 2) through 8th grade.
- Dedicated, certified Christian teachers
- Discipline rooted in Christian love and forgiveness
- Music, including choirs and band
- Interscholastic sports program
- Variety of extra-curricular activities
- Low-cost hot lunch program
- Before-school care and after-school care programs.
- An excellent curriculum with an emphasis on basic literacy and computation skills.
For more information please call Cindy Guetschow, Administrative Assistant, or Shawn Hoffmann, School Principal, at (309) 829-7513
Upcoming Events @ TLS
- Trinity will be hosting a series of Open Houses for 4 days during the week of March 10. Those will be held March 10, 11, 12, 13 from 9:00 AM –4:00 PM. They will be open to anyone interested in finding out more information about TLS.
- GRANDPARENTS/VIP DAY : Grades K-8 FRIDAY, MARCH 14 8:00-11:30 AM
- Be sure to mark your calendar for this year’s auction : Friday, May 2nd, 2014 at the Doubletree Hotel and Conference Center.
- Additional school events can be found on the Google school calendar >
History of Trinity Lutheran School
Trinity Lutheran Church started a school the same year the church was organized in 1858. The school was located at Lincoln and Main. Classes were held at two locations in 1883– one in the southern part of Bloomington (Lincoln and Main) and the other in the western part of the city on West Chestnut. In 1892 a school building was erected at 701 S. Madison Street.
That building was renovated in 1921, then was razed and a new school and parish hall was built and dedicated on March 2, 1941. Classrooms were added when the church building was built at that same location. The final construction on that site was completed in 1979. Modular buildings for classrooms were added in 1987. On January 21, 2003, Trinity Lutheran School moved into a new facility at 1102 W. Hamilton Road, Bloomington and serves children from three years of age through eighth grade at this present location. The church remains at 801 S. Madison Street in Bloomington.